Reverend Stephen Michael Lewis
• Reverend Stephen Michael Lewis was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is the second child of Ann Fortune Lewis and the late Dr. Richard D. Lewis, Sr.
• Reverend Lewis graduated from Central High School in Philadelphia in 1980.
• Reverend Lewis graduated from Millersville University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in 1984.
• Reverend Lewis was employed at the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support for 26 years as a Contract Administrator/Specialist
• Reverend Lewis earned his Master of Divinity degree from Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in May 2007.
• He began his ministerial career at Shorter AME Church in Morton, Pennsylvania under the pastorate of the Reverend Pleasant L. Hailey, Jr. in October of 1995.
• He served as the Youth Minister under the pastorate of Reverend Johnnie E. Vause at Shorter AME Church, Morton, PA from 1996-2000.
• He served as Pastor of Allen AME Church in Oxford, Pennsylvania from 2000-2004. He was appointed by Bishop Philip Robert Cousin
• Reverend Lewis served as the Pastor at New Bethel AME Church in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania from June 2004-June 2008. He was appointed By Bishop Zedekiah L. Grady
• Reverend Lewis served as the ninth (9 th ) Pastor of Historic Jones Tabernacle AME Church in Philadelphia, PA and served from June 2008 to June 2011. He was appointed by Bishop Richard Franklin Norris
• On June 17, 2011, He was appointed to Bethel AME Church in Freeport, NY where he currently serves the Freeport, New York community located in the Nassau County section of Long Island. He was appointed by Bishop Richard Franklin Norris and served under the leadership of Bishop Gregory GM Ingram.
• Reverend Lewis currently serves under the leadership of Bishop Julius H. McAllister, SrNew York Annual Conference Leadership
• He serves on the New York Conference Board of Examiners, Instructor in the New York Conference Ministerial Institute, New York Conference Trustee Board and Chief Marshal
• First Episcopal District Leadership
• Chief Marshal for the 1 st Episcopal District and the New York Annual Conference of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
AME Church Leadership
• Reverend Lewis serves as a Chief Marshal for the Council of Bishops and the General Board of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
Community and Civic Involvement
• He served on the Advisory Board of the Sun Federal Credit Union in Philadelphia
• He served on the Human Relations Commission and the North Main Street Task Force for the Village of Freeport, New York.
• He currently serves on the Nassau County, New York Commission on Aging
• Reverend Lewis is Life member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated and a current member of Chester, PA Alumni Chapter where he serves as Chaplain and is a charter member of the Nassau/Suffolk, New York Alumni Chapter
• Reverend Lewis has been a mentor and community activist for many years. He has shown this by one of his many social and personal hobbies of coaching basketball. Rev. Lewis started coaching with Strath Haven High School as an Assistant Boys Coach from 1994-2005. He was promoted to Head Boys Basketball Coach from 2005-2009. After an administration change, he went to Penn Wood High School from 2009-2016 as an Assistant Coach. Currently He serves as the Assistant Boys Basketball Coach at Chichester High School in Boothwyn, PA
• He is married to the former Charlene Palmore his college sweetheart who is the Founder and CEO of Philadelphia Historic African American Tours, LLC . and a Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
• They are blessed with a young adult son Sean Michael who is 2020 Graduate from Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD with a Bachelor of Science in Physical
• Sean is the immediate Past President as the 1 st Episcopal District Young People’s and Children’s Division of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
• Sean is a currently a student at Boston University School of Theology pursuing his Master of Divinity Degree
Reverend Lewis’s life scripture is Joshua 24:15c “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord”